Monday, January 10, 2011

Settling back in.

  • Gordon tried to come in this morning, but we missed each other. We exchanged some schedule information and he will try again on Wednesday. Our plan for this month is to process the big dataset I collected last month and prepare some nice graphs in Matlab to use in papers.
  • Haven't heard anything yet on status of time entry for the last pay period. Hope I get paid!
  • Plan for today: Get back into gelware/firmware, work on fixing serial comm problem.
  • Serial crashing problem is still there, & still as bizarre & intractable as ever. It could conceivably be a stack problem, since I only have ~1800 bytes available for stack+heap. Or maybe a buffer overflow. But it could also be just a loose connection or crossed wires. Thinking about getting some IDE cables from Best Buy, I think they would fit the GPIO headers. Also maybe will get some individual pin sockets from Fouraker; they would make for much neater connections than my wire-wrapped/soldered BS. Also, need to look at the compiler warnings from Quartus.
  • Whadda know; I just doubled the RAM size from 64K to 128K, and that seems to have completely solved the problem! I guess before I must have just been running out of memory, and the stack was stomping over the heap, or vice-versa. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment