Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gold Finger

Today, I sold my MIT class ring and my wedding ring, so that I can survive the next 10 days without starving (and so that the check for the down payment on the car doesn't bounce). Boy, those retail gold buyers sure are stingy about their payouts. But, I didn't have much choice. I'm looking forward to building up my future assets in the Bitcoin economy instead, so that the transaction fees to quickly convert to/from other virtual currencies (like USD) will be lower... Cut out all those damn greedy middlemen (retail shop, gold refinery, jeweler, etc.). After my next paycheck would be a good time for me to plunk for a nice fast ATI card for my mining rig...

Stuff to do today:
  1. Wire the FIFO up to some PIOs in SOPC builder to control & read out data from one PMT input capture datapath.

  2. Write a stub module (test rig), to generate fake data to input to the datapath for testing purposes.

  3. Start writing & debugging C code to accept data through the datapath (from the test rig).

  4. Meanwhile, the students are working on their pulseform_cap module. When they finish it, have them start creating a test rig for it. This plus pulseform_cap can then be used as another test rig for the FIFO.

No comments:

Post a Comment