Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thirsty Thursday

Boy it is hot out!

I think I have my car found. I just need to wrap up a couple of things first - give them my proof of income, and take the car to AAA-1 to have the dripping transmission pan re-sealed - I asked the dealer to drop it off for me.

David was out today due to car problems of his own.

Today, Darrel and Tyler and I hooked up the external input from the pulse generator, and did some more testing of the input capture circuit. We reduced the ringing in the input signal significantly by reducing the size of the spaghetti loop between signal and ground inputs from the pulse generator. We had to turn the clock speed down to 200 MHz (400 Msps) to get good reliability. But, we verified correct pulse width measurements (to 2.5ns resolution) throughout the range from 12 ns (minimum pulse width from the pulser) up to 635 ns (above which the 8-bit output bus rolled over). Here is a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment