Monday, August 15, 2011

Just another manic Monday

Today, starting on my To-Do list from Sunday.

BTW, I brought in a M-M DE9 cable I happened to have at home, so that I could get rid of the gender bender in the FPGA<-->WiFi serial link.  Hopefully, there are no wires crossed in the new cable (although if there are, I might be able to get rid of the null modem adapter as well).

First up:  Change data output format.  This involves changing the server_stream_pulses() routine in server.c.

While looking at the newlib docs, I realized why my earlier conditionally-reentrant PRINTF() macro didn't work, because I wasn't using the "v" versions of the formatted output routines.  Fixed that, trying again.  OK, that is working now.

Some temporary glitches I ran into while starting things up:
  • Power-cycled Wi-Fi and it lost its settings.
  • Re-running our firmware within IDE didn't work - had to re-program board in Quartus.
Next: Add reporting levels.  Did that.

Darryl came by and we spent some time fixing various compile errors in his modifications to implement the RESET control for the IC datapath, then tested it.  It seems to be working.  The RESET user command is now implemented.

At the end of the day, we were trying to debug an issue I have been seeing for a couple of days where the firmware seems to hang up when it is consistently getting too high a rate of events.  If it can't keep up, it should drop pulses, but it shouldn't get choked up!  Need to debug...

No comments:

Post a Comment