Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stacking the DAC

Today I would like the students to work on coding the DAC controller, while I continue working on the C code.

I forgot to bring in a nail file for the SMA connectors; will have to retry remembering that tomorrow.

Darrel is here, he got up to speed on the requirements for the DAC_control module and started coding.

Meanwhile, I (Mike) integrated the recent changes from the students' work in Dropbox into my new Q:\ shared working directory, and into my new top-level schematic (now named COSMICi_top6.bdf), removed unnecessary debug outputs, recompiled, and regression-tested (well really, just redid the last test in the new working directory).  It is working.

I am also starting work (in Q:\) on cleaning up the project by updating the project's file list, deleting unused or unnecessary files, and adding files not yet explicitly listed.  I am also adding file headers, cleaning up file formatting, etc.

I finished deleting from the project's file list all the files we aren't actually using right now.  I added most of the files we are using, except I haven't finished going through all the auto-generated .vhd files for the Nios system yet.

I deleted the SignalTap instance (which we aren't using), and thought I deleted all the associated assignments, although I am still getting some warnings, so it seems that I must have missed something.  Guess we could always fix this problem by creating a new project from scratch and only copying over the assignments we want.

Anyway, at least I didn't break the functionality of our input-capture datapath.  Our test bench still works.

No comments:

Post a Comment