Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thu., Mar. 29th

It occurred to me this morning that we'll need a wireless access point at the Senior Design Fair. An easy solution would be my Verizon mobile hotspot. I can rename it "MikeRoCosm" (for Mike's Roaming COSMOS, or Micro-COSMOS) and configure it with minimal or no security and the modify the boards' Wi-Fi script to connect to it. Also, the server can run on my (or someone else's) laptop which can also be set up to connect to the AP. I can test this in lab on Friday. We need to arrive real early on Thursday to start setting up, duct-tape cables to the floor, find a good spot for the GPS antenna and the detectors, run electrical power, etc. I need to ask Donte about the power arrangements. It might be possible to write a real quick-and-dirty visualization over the next few days, maybe give that a shot. It will not be a permanent solution though.

No comments:

Post a Comment